Getting back into the work-year–always a little difficult after summer break, and what an excellent summer break it was. Three weeks in New England, including a week on a working farm. Absolutely fabulous, but now it’s time to buckle down again.
Spring showed that last year was actually a lot more productive than it felt. But one can’t sit on her laurels. To that end, here’s what’s currently in the hopper:
- Reading the submissions I received for the Undeath and the Age of Steam anthology. There are quite a few from people I’ve worked with before and am looking forward to working with again, as well as some new faces.
- The aforementioned gothic m/m story.
- An anthology of short historical lesfic pieces I’m collaborating on with two other authors whose work amazes and thrills me.
- A 19th century detective novel set in London’s Caribbean immigrant community.
- A short story about a Very Important Rabbit.
Of course I could go chuck it all and cuddle the kitten instead. For those people playing at home, this makes 1 dog, 2 rabbits, a cat and a goldfish. I think I’m done as far as pets go, at least for now.